We are happy to be able to open the market and welcome customers back to shop local. Of course, in these times, there are new procedures and protocols we must all follow to help keep everyone safe. With that being said, we ask that you keep these guidelines in mind while shopping at the market during this time:
1. If you’re sick, please stay home from the market.
2. Per NYS mandate, all those who shop at the market must wear a face mask, covering nose and mouth.
3. Please use the hand sanitizer available at the entrance to the market and at placed strategically around the market.
4. Send only one person from your household, if possible, due to capacity limits.
5. Please refrain from congregating. We ask that you move through the market and not linger so we can assure everyone a chance to shop.
6. Only vendors and their staff may handle products. Customers may not touch any produce or products until after they have purchased them.
7. Vendors will prepackage products as much as possible and ensure that customers do not touch product. Vendors will not be allowed to touch customers bags.
8. Please do not place any personal objects, such as bags, money, purses or cell phones, on vendor tables.
9. Vendors will maintain safe spaces — surfaces wiped with disinfectant spray, and hand sanitizer will be available at every booth.
10. Hand washing stations are available in the bathrooms or near the port a potties.
11.Be mindful of those around you and put distance between yourselves and other shoppers/vendors. Social distancing means standing 6 feet apart. Watch for signs and marking on the ground to help maintain distance.
12.SNAP and FMNP customers are welcome as always. See the market manager for SNAP usage.
If you have questions/concerns, please see the market manager. Be sure to follow our Facebook page @ovidfarmersmarket for all the latest updates.
Thanks to Patti Paine, Cornell Cooperative Extension Educator, for helping get the market started and for continued technical assistance.
The slide show below are pictures from last summer's market. Enjoy!